Tuesday, March 2, 2010

From last week ... Koinonia - Philippians 1:5

I had intended this to go out last week, but alas it didn't.  I forgot to hit the "Publish Post" button.  Oops! :)
Anyway, here it is.

Up to this point, whenever, I think of the Greek word "koinonia" I have thought of fellowship, such as a gathering of believers typically for a "fun" social event.  Christmas party, Thanksgiving Banquet, going to see a hockey game (bummer about USA :( ).

One of the things I've been kicking around in the back of my head is how this same Greek word is used in Philippians 1:5 - "in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now" (ESV).

Take a gander at p. 22 of our recommended commentary for the quarter.  There's a lot more to koinonia than I first anticipated.

How should our service play a part in our fellowship?  Thoughts?

For grins, I was curious where else in the Bible this Greek word is used.  See below for a chart...


No comments:

Post a Comment