Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Three Questions for Every Lesson

I was thinking the other day of what marks a good Life Group lesson. Student participation and laughter are always marks of a "good" class session.  Many times a lack of participation, laughter or general "fun" points to a need for outside fellowship so that class members can become more comfortable with each other.

Additionally, here are three questions to ask ourselves, on behalf of our learners, early on in our lesson preparation.


1.  Why should I be here?  (Give them a reason!)
2.  What am I going to learn?
3.  What have I learned that will help me be more like Christ tomorrow?

Remember Paul's goal as stated in Colossians 1:28-29:

"28 Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. 29 For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me." (ESV)

Yes, lesson preparation is at times a toil and we struggle as we wrestle with the Scriptures seeking God's words, but the goal is to be able present our learners as mature in Christ as God works within us!  How can we (with the Holy Spirit's help) present life transforming lessons so that our students may become more and more like Christ?

As we seek to encourage each other to become better teachers feel free to share the questions you ask yourself as you prepare your lessons.

1 comment:

  1. The question I asked myself as I was studying this lesson is: "As people might be following me, am I truly following Christ? Is my life what it should be? - Jean

    ReplyDelete